- NGSS: 4, MS
- Perú: 3º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- Colombia: 8º, 9º Prim.
- México: 3º, 5º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Waves and SoundPremium
Characteristics and properties of waves and sound
How do sound or light reach us? What makes a whistle sound so different from a trombone? In this unit we will discover what are waves, how they are transmitted and what are their properties. Using sound waves, we will also learn how to recognize their characteristics, their effects and applications in our daily lives.
Add to a collection
This unit works with the following...
- Find out what waves are, what their properties are, and how they are represented
- Understand the difference between mechanical and electromagnetic waves
- Explore the phenomena associated with waves
- Reflect on sound waves and their properties and characteristics
- Experiment with sound waves by observing its propagation through different media and their relation with the vibration of objects
Skills and Competencies:
- Develop the scientific expertise and skills of learning to learn
- Encourage curiosity and critical thinking
- Strengthen deductive reasoning and oral expression
Waves behave in different ways
Listen to sounds and identify their waves
Test your knowledge
Video in cartoon and text format
Interactive notebook on Waves and Sound
Waves and Sound from A to Z
Uses of waves for communication
Discover the characteristics of sound waves
What are waves and how are they transmitted
Fun experiments on transmission and effects of sound waves