- NGSS: 3
- España: 3º, 4º Prim.
- Perú: 3º , 4º Prim.
- Colombia: 4º, 5º Prim.
- México: 3º, 4º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Simple Machines and EfficiencyPremium
Machines make our life easier
This Learning Unit introduces the concept of machines and work through two cartoon characters: Elesapiens and Rokobot. It will help students learn about simple machines such as pulleys, screws, wheels and inclined planes. By reasoning and solving the included resources and activities students will be able to learn about different types of machines and how they are used, and they will understand the concept of efficiency at performing a certain task.
The related activities stimulate the student´s manual, cognitive and creative skills and favor learning through reasoning and experimentation, that directly involves the student in the acquisition of new knowledge.
Add to a collection
- Exposes the topic of simple machines and their functions in an enjoyable and motivating way for students, using different resources
- Introduces some simple machines that we use everyday such as screws, levers and their fulcrums, inclined planes, pulleys, etc.
- Teaches about the efficiency involved in the use of machines to facilitate human work and save energy and resources
- Contains activities to build simple structures that can accomplish a particular function
- Promotes students interaction with their environment and the relationship of collaboration and communication
- Gives autonomy to the participating members of the activities, since they have to put into practice their own ideas
- There are various activities that can be performed individually or in groups, favoring the rich learning experience of working in different ways
Drag each object to its correct class of levers
Testing your knowledge
What are the machines behind these objects?
Interactive notebook on machines and technology
Print about simple machines and levers
Find out the machines types and uses
Meet Rokobot, a machine with a screw loose
Two class activities to work around simple machines
Project to build a Rube Goldberg Machine