- NGSS: 4, MS
- España: 3º, 4º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- Perú: 6º Prim.
- Colombia: 3º, 6º, 7º Prim.
- México: 3º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Energy and the EnvironmentPremium
The impact of energy production
Did you know that producing energy is probably the most destructive human activity affecting biodiversity? But not every way of producing energy have the same effect. Find out which are the most important ones and their impact on the environment.
The related activities stimulate the student's manual, cognitive and creative skills and favor learning through reasoning and experimentation, that directly involves the student in the acquisition of new knowledge.
Add to a collection
Hand in hand with our character Elesapiens, this unit...
- Explains the environmental impact of energy production
- Reviews the principal forms of energy production and introduces the concept of efficiency and contamination
- Shows the differences between thermic and photovoltaic solar energy, their storage and applications
- Reinforces the forms and transformations of energy
- Proposes carrying out an experiment in electrolysis to obtain hydrogen from water
- Helps the students measure electric consumption by encouraging domestic energy saving
Home made electrolysis and two Lexsolar experiments.
Find all the hidden words!
About energy and environment.
Testing your knowledge.
Print about the two ways of solar energy production.
A wind power print based on a Lexsolar experiment.
Video about the impact of producing energy.
Presentation of the Energy subject.
Classroom activity about electric consumption.