- USA: 4, 5, MS
- España: 4º Prim.
- Perú: 4º, 5º, 6º Prim.
- México: 4º, 5º, 6º Prim.
Available for USA (NGSS), Spain, Peru, Colombia and Mexico.
Nutrition and HealthPremium
Nutrients and a healthy diet
All living creatures need food to be able to grow and survive. We can obtain the nutrients we need from the food we eat for our body to grow and function properly.
This unit allows us to learn about the different types of nutrients that exist and their role in the human body. Also, we will explore the secrets of a balanced and complete diet and its importance for our growth and good health.
Add to a collection
This unit develops the following...
- Establish a connection between a healthy diet and healthy habits
- Establish a connection between food products and the type of nutrient they contain in the highest amount
- Identify the role of nutrients in our body
- To reflect on the nutrients present in processed and natural food
Skills and competencies:
- Basic science competency
- Deductive thinking
- Social and civic competencies
Why do we eat?
Choose the healthiest option
Do we know what we eat?
An experiment to spot nutrients
Good tips sheet
What makes up a healthy diet?
Interactive workbook on nutrition, food and health
Nutrition from A to Z